Critical WordPress settings before a site goes live
There are a few critical WordPress settings that must be checked before taking a site live. They are the following:
- Under Settings -> Reading – be sure that the box next to ” Discourage search engines from indexing this site” is unchecked
- Under Settings -> General
- Make sure the site title is correct
- Make sure the Tagline is either blank, or has a good description of the nonprofit in it
- Be sure that the nonprofit’s email address is listed in the Email Address field
- Under Settings -> Permalink – be sure that the “Day and name” radio button is selected
- Click on Users and locate the nonprofit’s username
- Make sure that user is set as an Administrator
Was this article helpful?
Need more help?
If volunteering during an event, use #help-support in Slack. Otherwise submit a support ticket.Support Ticket