Article written by: Brittany Fisher
Building effective, long-lasting nonprofit organizations is one of the driving missions of 48in48. However, many potential nonprofits wind up stalling before they can truly start, simply because the people who’d like to run them don’t know where to begin. That’s where this article comes in. We’ve gathered some simple, easy-to-digest resources you can use to get the right footing and figure out how to get your nonprofit off the ground. Let’s get started:
Nonprofits need as much — and often, more — financial work as traditional businesses:
- Here’s a look at reporting rules for nonprofit organizations.
- To make employee compensation easier and more streamlined, here’s your guide to happy employees: a payroll calendar. It makes computing withholdings and tax reporting easier, too.
- Keep careful track of how money comes in and out of your nonprofit as cash flow can tell you a lot about your nonprofits’ health.
Most nonprofits function through fundraising. Here are some tips for success:
- A solid marketing strategy can make or break fundraising efforts.
- Take a look at these tried-and-true fundraising methods.
- Consider using a subscription model to secure habitual supporters.
Will your nonprofit focus on spreading a message? These tools can help:
- Learn how nonprofits make good use of social media.
- Focus on targeting your message toward the people most likely to volunteer, donate, or otherwise positively affect the cause.
- Here are a few more tips for effective ways to spread awareness for your cause.
Nonprofits can do a world of good, but they need a strong foundation in order to do so. Use these tips to start a nonprofit for a cause you care about. With the right start, your organization can make a big difference.
Need help building a marketing plan for your nonprofit? Look into joining a 48in48 event!
Photo Credit: Pexels