48in48 Volunteer Spotlight: Adam Binkley
Who is Adam?
Adam Binkley is a digital marketing strategist at the Swarm Agency in Atlanta where he leads digital and campaign strategy development that is goal driven. Throughout his career he’s also developed subject matter expertise for email marketing strategy, and we’re thrilled that he brings this knowledge and experience to his work at 48in48. Through audience segmentation, email deployment and marketing effectiveness for campaigns, Adam is singularly focused on evolving our email marketing and messaging to our network of volunteers, nonprofits, and donors to ensure they (you!) stay informed and engaged.
Why does Adam volunteer for 48in48?
Adam was introduced to 48in48 through a previous company where they helped 48in48 manage email accounts and design newsletter templates for all participating nonprofits. After he saw the impactful work 48in48 does, Adam decided to get involved as an individual contributor where he joined the 48in48 marketing committee pulling through his experience with email strategy and campaign management.
Adam notes that “48in48 provides an amazing opportunity to help many different nonprofits both within the event weekend but also as ongoing support. It also gives smaller nonprofits the ability to have a digital footprint to build awareness, increase donations, and interact with the community digitally.” As 48in48 continues to evolve with themed and hybrid events in a post-pandemic world, so too is 48in48’s marketing support for nonprofits with email marketing consultations offered to nonprofits during events. Adam said,
“Volunteering with 48in48 is very fulfilling. I love how I can leverage my work experience to offer services to nonprofits that might not otherwise be able to do this on their own.”
And, while Adam is drinking the 48in48 Kool-Aid, he’s been able to get his new agency involved in providing professional services as well as additional volunteers.
Adam’s Top 5 Reasons for you to Volunteer with 48in48
Adam encourages others to volunteer by speaking to the impact that 48in48 websites have on the nonprofits served. He also argues that they are really fun events that can help volunteers network while showcasing digital marketing skills, and truly anyone in the digital marketing space can volunteer and make a huge impact – you don’t need to code!
Here are Adam’s Top 5 reasons to volunteer with 48in48:
- Impact for nonprofits
- Increasing the impact that nonprofits make on the people they help
- Practicing your digital marketing skills with others passionate about it
- Getting to see other departments in action
Get to know Adam!
- What’s your favorite ’90s jam?
- Anything Red Hot Chili Peppers
- What is one hobby you simply have no time for but love?
- Which do you prefer, logic or creativity?
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Red since it represents passion and adventure. I am passionate about the work I do and about my family and friends. You can also usually find me trying out a new hobby or doing an adventurous road trip.
- We finish the interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What would you do?
- I would check to see if there is a name on the back but if not, I would figure out the best way to help my family and community with the money plus a few things for me 🙂
Volunteering for 48in48 can take many forms. If you’re daunted by a weekend event, you can get involved in other ways by donating your time on a weekly or monthly basis. There are year-round ways to give back, so reach out to talk about what might be the right way for you.
Sign up to volunteer today!