You are able to download your 48in48 website and take it to the host of your choice. This will guide you in downloading your site. Downloading the site will result in a .Zip file that will include all of the files for your WordPress site as well as the database file.
To download your site, follow these steps:
- Log into your site built at 48in48.
- Once you log in Click on "Plugins" on the left side of your screen.
- Scroll down the page until you see the plugin called "Zipper"
- Click the Activate link (note, if the plugin is already activated, you will not need to click this)
- Mouse over "Tools" and once the submenu pops up click on "Zipper"
- Click the "Start New Backup" button
- Click the "Build Zip Archive" button and let the backup run. You will be redirected to the backups page.
- Under the "File" section you will see the backup. It will have a format similar to the following, "backup-2017-06-04 01-59-58.zip"
- Click on that file name and it will download to your computer
- You now have your site backed up and can move it to whatever hosting company you want.
- This document contains some advanced information that can help you new host in completing your migration.
How to download and migrate your 48in48 website
*If you plan to move from the 48in48 Platform but do not yet have a Host, be sure to go ahead and download your files. Once you have selected a new Host, you will need to have them help you upload these files for you.
If you would like support migrating your website, we have a list of freelancers that will do it for $100 per site.
If you are interested, please submit a support ticket through our form here: https://48in48.org/support/